Friday 2 August 2013

☆3 Applying for a visa

Hi! ~♡

Today I went to Munich to fetch my visa! I met a friend of mine there, who fetch her visa, too!

CIMG0302k

That's how it looks! It's directly glued into your passport. I censored my personal information and my picture of course.
So sieht das Visum dann aus. Es ist direkt in den Ausweis geklebt. Ich habe natürlich meine persönlichen Daten und mein Bild zensiert.

In Germany the applications for the visa are separated due to where you're registered. I for one am still registered at my parents in south Germany, therefore I had to go to Munich, but if you're registered somewhere in the north, you have to travel to Hamburg to apply for you visa. (You can check where you have to go to here, on the official japanese embassy homepage: http://www.de.emb-japan.go.jp/konsular/index.html )
For your application you need to bring some papers:

  • your passport

  • Certificate of Eligibility (original + copie)

  • passport photo (face good visible)

  • completed application form (http://www.de.emb-japan.go.jp/konsular/VISA_APPLICATION%20_FORM.pdf)


The Certificate of Eligibility has to be requested in Japan from your university and is sent to you by them. My Certificate of Eligibilty was sent on 12th July and arrived around 19th July, so it was pretty fast. The duration of your visa depends on this Certificate of Eligibility; mine was displayed for 12 months from my university, therefore my visa is also displayed for 12 months. A friend of mine got one for 15 months for example. If I want to stay longer than 12 months in Japan, I have to ask the Immigration Office in Japan.

After gathering all the papers, you have to go to the consulate. In Munich you can also send all the requested papers, as you have to send your passport too, it's advisible to send it by registered mail. When it's done you have to fetch your visa and passport in person.

CIMG0296The people working at the consulate in Munich are really nice and helpfull. There was a mistake with my visa and I had to come again but fortunately after only 2 hours everything was done and fine!

So much for the visa application,
See you next time! ~♡

COUNTDOWN 12 days


Hallo! ~♡


Heute war ich in München um mein Visum abzuholen. Dort habe ich auch eine Freundin getroffen, die ihr Visum ebenfalls abgeholt hat.

Wenn man in Deutschland sein Visum beantragt, kommt es darauf an, wo man wohnt. Ich zum Beispiel bin noch bei meinen Eltern in Süddeutschland gemeldet und muss daher nach München, um mein Visum zu beantragen. Ist man aber beispielsweise im Norden gemeldet, muss man nach Hamburg. (Auf der Homepage der Japanischen Botschaft kann man nachschauen, wo man hingehen muss: http://www.de.emb-japan.go.jp/konsular/index.html )
Für die Beantragung benötigt man einige Papiere:

  • Den Reisepass

  • Certificate of Eligibility (Original + Kopie)

  • Passfoto

  • Das ausgefüllte Antragsformular (http://www.de.emb-japan.go.jp/konsular/VISA_APPLICATION%20_FORM.pdf)


Das Certificate of Eligiblity wird in Japan vom zuständigen Bürgern beantragt, in meinem Fall der Uni, und dann zu euch geschickt. Mein CoE wurde um den 12. Juli herum abgeschickt, und war bereits am 19.Juli bei mir, das geht also ziemlich schnell. Die Länge des Visums hängt vom CoE ab; mein CoE wurde für 12 Monate ausgestellt, ergo gilt auch mein Visum 12 Monate. Eine Freundin hat ein Visum für 15 Monate ausgestellt bekommen. Würde ich nun länger in Japan bleiben wollen, müsste ich das mit dem Immigration Office vor Ort absprechen.

Nachdem ihr alle Papiere beieinander habt, könnt ihr losziehen. In München kann man auch alle benötigten Dokumente hinschicken, aber da ihr euren Pass dort lassen müsst, empfiehlt es sich, per Einschreiben zu versenden. Abgeholt werden muss das Visum aber persönlich.

Die Menschen, die im Konsulat in München arbeiten, sind sehr freundlich und überaus hilfsbereit! Bei meinem Visum heute gab es ein Problem, und ich musst noch einmal kommen aber es hatte sich alles schnell geklärt und etwa 2 Stunden später, war alles in Ordnung.

Das war es dann von meiner Seite aus zum Visum.
Bis zum nächsten Mal!~♡

3 comments:

  1. I'm very excited for you, but a little jealous at the same time >..<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! (=⌒▽⌒=)
    I can understand that, but I do think, that the year's going to be not only nice so... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh sorry, for some reason it's not posted my whole message! I also said I hope you have a great time - I went to Japan last year and had an awesome time there! I'm sure you will too!

    ReplyDelete